Sri Lankan peeps, quick question. How far in advance do you think I can make the following (as I try to be reasonable about party prep for our Christmas tea, which is in two weeks):
– rolls, cutlets, patties: my understanding is that I could make them this week, all the way to breading, and then freeze, so I just have to take them out the night before the party and then fry. Is that right?
– same for vadai and prawn vadai?
– how about Scotch eggs?
– stuffed prawns?
– ribbon sandwiches — the fillings will keep frozen for months, right? (I have some from the last time I made these). I can thaw the day before, assemble sandwiches, and then layer them in foil trays with wet paper towels and refrigerate overnight? To take out and trim off edges and cut into triangles just before serving?
– caramel pudding — can I make this and keep it in the downstairs fridge for two weeks? Is that too long?
– mango pudding — same question!
– milk toffee I think keeps forever
– marshmallows freeze fine, although I think since we’re only two weeks out, I can make them, store in the fridge in an air-tight container and they should be fine?
– any other fabulous short eats / desserts you think I’m missing?
(Please comment at https://www.facebook.com/mary.a.mohanraj/posts/10160192939799616)