(25 minutes, makes 16 mini scones)
Fast, simple, classic, delicious. I find kitchen shears work best for chopping up dried mango and ginger.
a few T sugar, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. Combine vanilla and cream, drizzle over dry ingredients, stirring gently to combine. Try not to overwork, or scones will become tough. Stir in mango and ginger.
4. If using a mold, spray with oil; alternately, spray oil or add a sheet of parchment paper to a baking sheet. Fill mold with dough, pressing gently to fill. Alternately, press dough into a circle and cut into wedges, or cut out circles. Place wedges or circles about 1″ apart on sheet.
5. Optional: brush scones with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake for 14-15 minutes, until scones begin to brown. Remove from oven and serve warm. Traditionally they’d be split, and spread with butter, jam, clotted cream, curd, or whatever you like.
Served here with mango & passionfruit curd (recipe: https://serendibkitchen.com/2021/01/17/mango-passionfruit-curd/)
NOTE: Scones may be cooled and stored airtight at room temperature for several days; they can be frozen for longer storage.