More baking for the Winter 2022 Patreon boxes. Kid-approved!
(makes about 60 small cookies)
These luscious little bites work equally well for Valentine’s Day or Christmas.
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1. In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until smooth; beat in egg and as much food coloring as desired.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir until the dough comes together smoothly; cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for an hour (or longer).
4. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, and place powdered sugar in a small bowl.
5. Roll about 1 T dough each into small, firm balls, then roll balls in powdered sugar (shake off excess sugar).
6. Bake 12-14 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are set; they will still be a little soft. Carefully transfer cookies to racks and allow to cool completely.
NOTE: Store in an airtight container for up to three days, or wrap each cookie individually in plastic wrap and freeze for longer storage.