Another one for the Patreon boxes!
(30 minutes, makes 30 bars)
What’s summer without s’mores? You can make these with brown sugar, of course, but jaggery adds an extra dimension of yumminess. They are very gooey, in the best way.
1 c. butter, melted
2 c. jaggery (or dark brown sugar), packed
2 T. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. flour
4 c. graham crackers, broken into small pieces
2 heaping c. mini marshmallows
2 c. bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F; butter and flour a 9×12 baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter (cooled slightly) with egg, brown sugar, and vanilla.
3. Add flour and stir until just combined.
4. Add graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate chips; fold until blended.
5. Pour batter into prepared baking dish, smoothing out as needed.
6. Bake 22-25 minutes, until edges are set and lightly browned, with the center of the pan relatively firm.
7. Cool bars in pan for 30 minutes, before attempting to slice. Slice and serve. Can be frozen for long-term storage.
Variation: Try mixing in some salty pretzels!